Embroidering in cross stitch is a simple and entertaining technique to get beautiful designs and letters for clothes and other fabrics. This type of embroidery is based on small joined crosses that form drawings on the fabric, so that with the help of a pattern you can customize any garment. If you want to discover how to cross stitch, here we will explain it to you.
Steps to follow:
1. First of all, before starting the explanation on how to make cross stitch, you need to take into account that -in addition to needle and thread- you will need a suitable fabric to start with cross stitch, normally called ” Aida “.
It is a fabric in which the squares where the points should go are differentiated, so that it will make the task much easier; You can find fabrics with holes of different sizes, the larger, the easier it will be. You can also use a frame to hold the fabric to make it easier for you.
2. The first thing you must learn to do cross stitch is to make loose stitches. As you can see in the image, you should base yourself on a square of the fabric, fixing the corners as a reference:
- You will start by passing the thread from bottom to top through the lower left corner, to obtain a part of the cross
- You will pass it to the bottom of the fabric through the upper right corner.
- From the back, you will draw the thread through the lower right corner.
- You will finish the cross in the upper left corner.