Today, the face has become one of the areas of our body that we take most care of. The skin condition, more or less hydrated, exfoliating lips, fine lines of the eye contour … Today there are a lot of technical and cosmetic products that help us make our factions show their best, but often these remedies often have a high cost of money and they do not give us the result we want.
One of the most important parts of our face, and one that has gained more relevance in recent years, are the eyebrows. They are essential because they help to frame our factions even more so if we discover what is the best way to design them and keep them, can achieve satisfactory results, achieving a look that favors us more. When we have found the right design, the best thing is to keep ironing eyebrows. And if you do it, it will have the same effect, but without having to make a disproportionate outlay of money. Here we explain how to make a home ironing eyebrow.
What is an eyebrow press?
Eyebrow ironing is an increasingly used technique to give them a more or less permanent shape. It is recommended for those people whose eyebrow hairs are harder or more unruly and find it difficult to get them to stay in place. It is also recommended for those eyebrows that are very fine and to which fixative gel must be applied so that they remain in the desired place, as well as for people with excessively thick eyebrows.
But even if you do not meet any of these preconditions, if you have finally found your perfect eyebrow design, which manages to enhance your features and highlights your eyes and the rest of the features of your face, do not think about it. Get an eyebrow iron yourself and the design will last much longer.
How to do an eyebrow press
There are several ways to do an eyebrow iron at home. We recommend it, because in any beauty and aesthetic center the price is usually around 100 euros, while if you do it yourself, it will be much cheaper and you won’t have to use special cosmetic products.
How to do an eyebrow press with castor oil
For this first homemade eyebrow ironing technique you need:
- Castor oil
- A special brush for eyebrows
- Hair Styling Wax
- Transparent mascara
- 2 thin strips of plastic wrap
- 1 small sponge (for example, the one you use for makeup)
Steps to follow
- First, you need to get a homogeneous mixture with a teaspoon of transparent mascara, a tablespoon of styling wax and two drops of castor oil.
- When you have it, take the brow brush and apply it to your brows carefully.
- As soon as you finish, take the plastic wrap and stick it to your eyebrows, holding it with your fingers, to add heat to the mixture and enhance its effects.
- Keep it for five minutes and when you finish, remove the plastic wrap and with the small sponge, slightly moistened in warm water, remove the mixture, but very carefully, respecting the shape of your eyebrows, so as not to raise any hair.
- When you’re done, you can leave your brows like that or apply your regular brow makeup.
Eyebrow ironing with neutral soap
Another very easy way to achieve an effective eyebrow ironing is with any neutral bath soap bar (bath gel does not work because of the texture).
- 1 bar of neutral bath soap
- 1 brow brush
Steps to follow
- Take the brush and start scraping the bar of soap until you have enough on the brush.
- So, comb your eyebrows with it, giving them the shape you like best.
- We recommend that you also use plastic wrap in this case to apply heat to your eyebrows for five minutes.
- When you’re done, repeat three more times.
Straighten eyebrows with ironing and tinting
If in addition to obtaining a perfect homemade eyebrow straightening, you also want to dye your eyebrows, you can do it at home.
- 1 transparent mascara
- 1 brow brush
- 1 compact eyeshadow that is the closest to your hair color
Steps to follow
- With the brow brush, scrape off your chosen eyeshadow to get a powder. The more quantity you add, the more intense the color will be, so you must be careful.
- When you have the desired amount, mix it with the mascara, so that it is a homogeneous mixture.
- Then comb your brows with the mixture and use the plastic wrap for five minutes to provide heat and greater hold.
You may also be interested in this other article on How to highlight eyebrows.
Buy eyebrow straightening kit
Undoubtedly, another option you have is to acquire an eyebrow ironing kit to be able to perform this technique in a much more effective way. These kits usually contain ironing gel (some of them, with keratin), eyelash brushes and colorants, among others.
However, as you have seen in this article, you can really do a homemade eyebrow iron with products that you have at home.
Now that you know how to do a homemade eyebrow press, you may also be interested in this article on How to strengthen your eyebrows.