The key to jumping higher is how strong your legs are. Thus, all the exercises that allow you to strengthen the muscles of the lower extremities will help you achieve your goal. However, you should also take into account other factors that will help you, such as the flexibility of your legs and watching your weight. Here we explain how to jump higher.
Steps to follow:
1. Squats are a very effective exercise to gain strength in the legs, especially if you do them with resistance. In this way, it is highly recommended that you practice them with weights, which you should place in the upper part of the back, on the shoulders.
2. Obviously, the less you weigh, the less force you will have to do to lift yourself up and the higher you can jump. Therefore, you must take care of your diet to reduce the level of fat. Of course, you should not lose so much weight that you lose muscle mass. It is simply about removing excess fat.
3. A specific exercise that will help you get higher is to climb a low stool, on tiptoe, first with one foot and then the other, for several minutes at a time. Do the training daily, increasing the time you dedicate progressively. In this way, you will be working your feet to help you in your challenge to jump higher.
4. Increasing the flexibility of your legs will also make you jump higher. A very simple exercise is to stand in front of a bench that is higher than your knees and the higher the better.
First place your right foot on the bench, flexing, and lean forward as far as you can while keeping the other leg straight.
5. Playing sports that primarily work your legs, like soccer or cycling, will also help you jump higher. Playing basketball and trying to hit the hoop is also helpful.