The fairy dust necklaces are cute, magical charms that are used for any occasion and now you can learn how to make a simple and cheap one. Especially if you have girls or boys at home, they will love making this craft with you that will activate their fantasy and make them travel to the world of fairies and imaginary beings. In this article we are going to tell you, step by step, how to make a fairy dust necklace very quickly and easily and that your children will love. Make them believe in magic by creating a jar that stores fairy dust and that they can wear around their neck, they will love it!
Steps to follow:
1. We start by taking a miniature bottle that you can easily find in a perfumery or in a store that contains small gadgets. To give you an idea, these bottles should be like the ones with sample perfumes. When you have it, clean it well with a cotton swab to remove any debris that may have been stored.
2. To make the fairy dust necklace you will have to fill the jar about 80% of its capacity with shiny nail polish. The color can be whatever you prefer: pink, blue, green, yellow, etc. Talk it over with your daughter or son so that the two of you can decide what their necklace will be like.
3. Next, you will have to pour some hot glue on the bottom of the lid of the jar and close it completely, as you can see in the image.
4. Now you will have to straighten a paper clip that we normally use for paper. To get it straight, you just have to use your hands or, if you find it difficult, you can get some pliers that will help you to extend it to the maximum and achieve a result like the one in the image.
5. Wrap the paperclip around the top of the jar a couple of times. And finally, you fold it at the top like a hook so you can connect it to the chain later. When you are wrapping the clip, you want to make it look frizzy to give it an older, more rustic look.
6. For the result to be well fixed you will have to use hot glue to glue the clip to the bottle.
7. Take a pendant and stick it wherever you want on the jar. It is suggested to put it right in front of the lid.
8. Hook the chain and voila! You already have a beautiful fairy dust necklace ideal for your children to wear around their neck and enjoy a life of magic and fantasy.