The bloodstream is responsible for transporting many of the substances that accumulate in the human body. As it circulates throughout the body, the blood can contain fats, sugars, nutrients, hormones, oxygen, cells, and wastes. The liver and kidneys are the two main organs responsible for purifying these toxins from the blood. However, to help them do their job, we can consume certain foods naturally to purify the blood and prevent health problems.
In this article, we will show you the most used methods and foods so that you can learn how to purify your blood quickly and naturally. In addition, we will give you some tips to prevent impurities from accumulating in your body. Remember that a clean bloodstream will ensure the health of your vital organs.
How to clear your blood quickly
Human blood can become progressively contaminated as a result of the accumulation of fats, toxins and waste in our body. A poor diet and a malfunction of vital organs such as the kidneys and liver can contribute to contaminating the blood. High levels of cholesterol, sugar and triglycerides often indicate the level of impurities in the blood.
For this reason, it is a good idea to cleanse your bloodstream regularly. Impurities in the blood can lead to health problems such as acne and blemishes on the skin. Although these pictures may seem simple and not dangerous, poorly purified blood can lead to more serious health problems such as diabetes, being overweight and respiratory diseases.
The best way to keep your blood pure is to always eat a good diet. Antioxidant foods like broccoli, cauliflower, or cabbage, as well as fruits like berries and apples are excellent detoxifiers. If you are looking for how to cleanse your blood quickly, there are some home remedies to clean the blood that will help you. Read on and find out!
How to purify blood with lemon
Lemon is an excellent diuretic for the body. In addition to cleaning vital organs, it serves to purify blood contaminated by waste from the respiratory and digestive system. Being rich in vitamin C, the citric acid in lemon acts as a kind of detergent within the body. To activate its cleansing action and learn how to purify the blood with lemon, you must consume it daily in the following way:
- Cut 2 lemons into slices, green or yellow.
- Add the lemon slices to two liters of water.
- Let the lemon water sit overnight in the refrigerator. Don’t add sugar to it.
- In the morning, when you get up, have a glass of lemon water on an empty stomach.
- During the day, drink at least 5 more glasses of water. Ideally, you should have a glass of water every time you feel thirsty.
- Perform the treatment for 3 consecutive days.
In this way, you can purify not only your blood, but also your entire body. Among other benefits of lemon as a blood cleanser are:
- It favors the digestion and the fluidity of the urine. In this way, it facilitates the expulsion of fats and toxins, while avoiding the formation of kidney stones and the increase in the levels of cholesterol, glycemia and uric acid in the blood.
- Strengthens the wall of the capillaries, facilitating blood circulation. In turn, it prevents the formation of clots and thrombi that limit the elasticity of the joints.
- Helps the body stay hydrated, preventing the oxidation of bones and joints that cause premature aging.
How to purify blood with elderberry
Elderberry is a plant with laxative properties, which is why it helps the body to drain impurities. As a medicinal plant, its use is very common in digestive treatments to correct liver and kidney disorders. To purify the blood with elderberry, you must consume it in the following way:
- Acquire the plant at a reputable herbalist.
- Brew it as an infusion, like tea. Bring the water to a boil and add the boil when it is boiling.
- Boil for 3 minutes. Serve the tea and drink it after each main meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Practice the treatment for a week.
Elderberry is one of the best natural plants to purify the blood. With the infusion of elderberry, you will clean your entire body, preventing bacterial infections in the blood and any vital organ.
Garlic to cleanse the blood
Garlic is a powerful natural diuretic, which is responsible for purifying our body by promoting the production of enzymes that remove toxins from the blood. The easiest way to cleanse the blood with garlic is by chewing several pieces of raw garlic daily, on an empty stomach.
Beyond how much you can or cannot tolerate its taste, the consumption of garlic, either on an empty stomach or throughout the day, is fantastic for cleaning the body, improving the immune system’s ability to fight infectious agents.
However, there is another effective way to take garlic to purify the blood, much more generous with your palate:
- Cut 12 pieces of raw garlic.
- Put them in a bottle of red wine.
- Let the mixture sit for two weeks in a ventilated place exposed to sunlight.
- Have a glass of the garlic mixed wine after lunch and dinner for a week.
In this way you can lower the levels of cholesterol, fat and salt in the blood, activating the metabolism to purify the bloodstream.
If you don’t like the taste of wine either, in our article How to eat raw garlic, we tell you the best ways to consume garlic to cleanse your blood without making the taste too strong.
Burdock tea, an excellent blood scrubber
Burdock is also one of the best blood cleansers, thanks to its detoxifying and antibacterial properties. Thanks to this plant, you can not only clean the blood, but also your entire lymphatic system. Consuming burdock improves blood circulation throughout the body, helping vital organs eliminate waste, while preventing fluid retention in vessels and arteries.
The best way to purify the blood with burdock is to consume it in tea:
- Purchase burdock for tea from a reputable herbalist.
- Add 2 tablespoons of burdock to a cup of hot water, previously boiled.
- Let it steep for 10 minutes and drink the tea 2 times a day for 3 days.
The teas and infusions to cleanse the blood are an excellent choice to purify it without changing your diet too. With the regular consumption of burdock, you can prevent the formation of kidney stones, arthritis and keep glycemic levels at bay, avoiding diabetes.
Purify the blood with infusion of nettle
Like burdock, nettle is a plant with cleansing and diuretic properties. Excellent for treating digestive and kidney disorders, nettle will help you drain toxins and other wastes from your immune system in no time. To use nettle to purify your blood, follow the steps below:
- Purchase nettle on the branch from a trusted herbalist.
- Boil the nettle in a pot of water for 5 minutes.
- Let the infusion rest for 10 minutes and drink a cup 2 times a day (in the afternoon and before going to bed), for a week.
How to clean the blood with carrot
Carrot is an excellent blood cleansing food, as it contains abundant vitamins B and C, as well as molybdenum, a mineral specialized in controlling the level of body fat. In addition, carrots contain beta-carotene, pigments rich in vitamin A that promote blood circulation.
To purify the blood with carrot you must consume it in the following way:
- Peel 4 fresh carrots.
- Cut them into small pieces and blend them with water.
- Add half a cup of lemon juice and blend again for 1 minute.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher. Add two tablespoons of honey if you think the juice was too acidic.
- Drink 2 glasses of carrot juice in the morning for 3 days.
To optimize the action of carrot juice, add lemon juice. This will not only improve its flavor; it will also make the mixture more powerful to cleanse the body.
Juices are an excellent (as well as very delicious) way to detoxify the blood and maintain our health in optimal conditions. We invite you to visit our article Juices to cleanse the blood so that you know more about it.
Aloe vera to purify the blood
The medicinal properties of aloe vera are many and well known. Among the most important are its ability to stimulate the immune system to improve digestion and cleanse the blood. To activate these properties, you must consume aloe vera in juice.
- Cut a stalk of aloe vera and peel it.
- It removes the yellowish layer under the peel and preserves the aloe vera crystals.
- Prepare a pitcher of lemon juice or another fruit of your liking.
- Add the aloe vera crystals to the juice and blend for a minute.
- Drink a glass of the aloe vera juice once a day for a week.
Aloe vera juice is not recommended for children under 12 years of age, as well as for people with kidney or heart failure. Similarly, it should not be consumed during pregnancy or if you have a serious intestinal disease. It should also not be administered in patients taking anticoagulants.
How to purify the blood naturally
As we said before, to always have clean blood, it is best to maintain a healthy diet that facilitates the functioning of our vital organs and, especially, of the systems responsible for the disposal of toxins. Some of the most natural and easy ways to purify your blood and keep it clean are:
- Drink plenty of water: Doctors recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day to prevent illness and eliminate toxins effectively.
- Exercise: Exercises help eliminate toxins through sweating, as well as help improve oxygenation.
- Drink dandelion infusion: substitute black tea for snacks with an infusion of lion tea. Its purifying properties act as a diuretic and prevent fluid retention.
- Consume fruit juices daily: citrus juices, pineapple or spinach-based green juice and beet juice are excellent alternatives to boost your immune system on a regular basis.
- Eat foods to purify your blood: some of these include certain types of fish (such as sardines, tuna, and salmon), grapes, coffee, Brussels sprouts, green leafy vegetables, ginger, alfalfa, among others.
The liver and kidneys are some of the most important organs in the blood purification process. Visit our articles Home remedies to cleanse the kidneys and How to detoxify the liver for more ways to keep the functions of both organs in optimal condition.
Pills to cleanse the blood
In addition to natural alternatives, there are various medications to cleanse the blood. Some pills, syrups and injections have the function of purging the body to drain impurities. Similarly, many drugs act as blood thinners for circulatory problems.
Of course, the consumption of any drug to cleanse the blood must be administered under strict medical supervision. In many cases, patients may experience adverse effects to the cleansing action of medications, such as vomiting, diarrhea and other secretions that are difficult to control. In turn, it is vitally important to let the trusted doctor know about any allergy or pathology that may condition the action of the drug in the body.
Generally, drugs to clean the blood work immediately. Some focus on cleaning the digestive system, others on the urinary system and others on the respiratory system, depending on where the doctor sees the main source of impurities in the body.
There are many medical options for detoxifying and cleansing the body available on the market. In any case, its effect will depend on the patient’s immune system, since not all bodies assimilate the components of a medical formula in the same way.
The best way to keep your blood and body clean is through healthy eating. Good eating habits, as well as physical exercise, make the difference when it comes to draining the impurities that, inevitably, the human body assimilates daily. Therefore, the natural alternative will always be the best option to keep our body in excellent condition, free of viruses and diseases.