Having spots on the legs is more common than it seems. And it is that there are multiple causes for which they can appear, although the most common are those related to the aging of the dermis, as well as pimples, rashes or irritations that may have occurred as a result of an insect bite, among many others. But whatever the cause, ending these spots is possible. In fact, there are various techniques that can be used, ranging from beauty clinic treatments to home remedies, which are also quite effective.
Here we are going to explain to you how to remove stains from your legs quickly so that you can show them off without shame when you have to show them in privacy or in public places like the beach or the pool.
Causes of dark spots on the legs
As we have commented previously, the spots on the legs can appear for many reasons. Among the most important and common are:
- Aging of the skin: with age, it is common for brown spots to appear, which are more frequent after 40 years, although premature aging of the skin can also appear.
- Sunrays: frequent and prolonged sun exposure is another cause, since spots usually appear, especially if the proper sun protection has not been used.
- Allergies: stains can appear from an allergic reaction to soaps or creams, among other products.
- Acne: although acne is associated with the face, the truth is that it also appears on the legs. In this case, it takes the name Keratosis piliaris.
- Hives: Hives produced by bites, especially mosquitoes or other insects, can also leave spots on the legs.
- Diseases: some diseases such as diabetes are related to the appearance of spots on the legs.
- Genetics: the causes of spots on the legs can also be genetic.
In this article we expand the information on Why do red spots appear on the legs, which we recommend reading if you have this type of marks.
Treatment to remove stains from the legs fast
One of the alternatives that are available to remove spots from the legs quickly is to go to aesthetic and beauty medical centers for treatments that are quite effective for their elimination.
The options for this type of treatment can be diverse depending on the spots on the legs because, sometimes, it is usually enough to perform a peeling. However, when these methods do not work, they are not indicated by the type of stain, it is possible to resort to other treatments to remove stains from the legs:
- Laser: lasers are one of the most effective systems to remove spots from the legs quickly, especially when they are quite dark.
- Surgery: in some cases, when the spots are very dark and are more like moles or have a slightly bulky shape, it is necessary to resort to cosmetic surgery to remove them.
In both cases, it is always important to put yourself in the hands of professionals because, initially, the treatments are not complicated, but there can be harmful and unwanted effects if they are not done well.
How to remove stains from legs fast with home remedies
Another option to remove stains from the legs quickly is to use some tricks and home remedies, which are also quite effective, although it is convenient to know how to use them so that the dermis is not damaged or any irritation occurs. There are several products that can be used, even every day, although it is always good to let the skin rest for at least 24 hours. We recommend these home remedies for spots on the legs:
- Bicarbonate: this product is the quintessential bleach because it exfoliates the skin, helping to remove blemishes or other imperfections from the dermis. Its use is simple because you just have to mix a little baking soda with water to spread it in the area where you want to apply. After leaving for about ten minutes, rinse well with plenty of water. In this other article we tell you more about How to exfoliate your skin with lemon.
- Lemon: Lemon is another of the most used beauty products to remove stains because the citric acid it contains and vitamin C have the characteristic of being whitening. To use it correctly and without damaging the skin, you can put a little lemon juice mixed with water -if you prefer it can be mixed with honey-, having to apply this cream on the spots on the legs. On this occasion, it has to be left to act for about 20 minutes and then remove all the remains well with water.
- Almond oil: this oil is another of the most suitable options to remove spots from the legs quickly because it is an excellent exfoliator, but also an antioxidant, which helps the dermis to remain in perfect condition and regenerate. Its application is simple, you just have to put it directly on the stain. If you use an almond oil after bathing, you do not need to rinse with water.
- Vinegar: vinegar also has anti-stain power due to the vitamins and amino acids it contains. However, in these cases, you should always use the one made from apple. Its application is done by mixing a little of the vinegar with water, spreading it over the area. After ten minutes, it can be removed with water.
- Papaya: this fruit is very beneficial for the skin, as it helps its renewal through exfoliation to remove dead cells, which are often the ones that cause spots to appear. And how is it used? You just have to take some papaya and mash it. This paste is the one that is put on the stain. After 20 minutes, wash the area well with water.
- Yogurt: and, when talking about how to remove stains from the legs quickly, we cannot forget another whitening product. It’s the yogurt. To benefit from its whitening effect, you have to use natural yogurt, without added sugar and without skimming. The application is easy. Put some yogurt in the area, wait 20 minutes and clean the area with water.
With these tips on how to remove stains from the legs quickly that we have told you, we hope we have helped you to know more about the different options you have to eliminate unsightly stains. It is always important that you consult a doctor about the different options for its removal, in addition to making sure that it really is a stain and not a symptom of any disease.