If you want your cat’s hair to shine, the key is that your pet is healthy. A shiny coat is synonymous with health, no more, no less. And for felines it is especially important because through their hair they establish many relationships with the environment and with other living beings. But apart from taking care of your cat in every way, we are going to give you some guidelines so that its coat is beautiful and shiny at all times. In this article we explain how to give your cat’s hair shine.
Steps to follow:
1. To start with, you need to understand how important your cat’s hair is to its life. It is their protective layer, that is, it serves as a thermal insulator both to face heat and cold, and also plays a crucial role in their social relationships. The fur is very relevant to their sense of touch, through it they communicate with humans and with other animals of their species. Therefore, you must take great care of their hair, because if you do not do it in a certain way you will be affecting their communication skills and, of course, their health.
2. To get your pet’s hair shiny, you should spend time brushing his coat. Thus, you will be taking care of their mantle by eliminating the dirt that may accumulate. You can start with a soft, flexible bristle brush, it is the best way to remove dead hair. Do it in the opposite direction to the hair, from the tail to the head. Afterwards, you should continue brushing in favor of the growth of the coat, that is, from its head to the tail.
To do this, it is worth a brush with metallic bristles that will detangle and keep your hair soft. Although the frequency will depend on the type of hair of your cat (if it is long, short, more or less thick), it is recommended that you brush it daily for about 5 minutes. Get your cat used to this routine from a young age and it will not pose any problem.
3. Another tip to make your cat’s hair shine is hydration. It is essential for you to look healthy, strong and shiny. Make sure your cat always has enough clean, fresh water within reach. Have several waterers around the house so you can meet your need without problems.
Apart from water, food is very important. There are light feeds that, as they have fewer calories, reduce the contribution of good fats: omega 3 and 6 acids. These facts are important and necessary to keep your skin and hair healthy. For example, oily fish has a high concentration of these components, which are highly beneficial for your cat. Salmon and tuna are two highly recommended fish for your feline, you can offer him a bite of both each week. So, you will be taking care of her skin and keeping her hair looking great. It is important that these fish are clean, raw, without bones and without entrails, and must have previously been frozen for at least 72 hours.
4. But if you have neither tuna nor salmon, an alternative is canned oily fish. For example, you can take a can of natural sardines and give it some of its oil. Make no mistake and provide it with the liquid of a spicy or spicy fish preserve. Take a spoon and put some of the sardine oil in your usual food once a week. This way you will have a powerful source of omega 3 and 6 for your body.
In addition to these extra contributions of healthy fats, it is essential that you feed your feline with quality feed adapted to its needs. Your food should have a perfect balance of carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. Do not feed him generic brands, because they usually contain ingredients of lower biological quality. Felines are carnivorous animals and they need a high proportion of proteins, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats to have a shiny coat. If your cat is overweight, put him on a diet because the extra weight can cause him to have trouble cleaning himself. Talk to your vet to weigh your options.
5. If your cat’s hair isn’t shiny and looks dull, watch and look for any signs of parasites such as worms and fleas. If you have any strange inhabitants, it will rob you of nutrients and make your hair lose its good appearance. In this sense, do not forget to put the external pipettes and the corresponding internal medication so that it is not harmed by any plague that threatens its health.
And with regard to hygiene, cats groom themselves for many hours every day. It is not highly recommended that you bathe your pet very often, only when necessary, every 3 or 4 months may be enough. Too many baths dry out their fur, if you do, use a shampoo specially designed to protect your cat’s coat. After washing, do not forget to rinse very well so that no residue remains. If any soap remains, it will make the hair look very dull and itchy.