The back is one of the parts of the body that suffers the most if we lead a sedentary life and if, in addition, we are subjected to work stress or of any other kind. In addition to the poor posture, we tend to adopt when sitting in the office or lying down at home, the back muscles contract as a natural response to stressful situations.
To help you combat the effects of this lifestyle, here we explain in detail how to stretch your back.
Steps to follow:
1. This exercise to stretch the back requires a lot of practice and we are going to describe what you have to do. However, if you are not used to exercising your body, it is normal that at first it does not work out. Do as much as you can and as the days go by you will be able to do it correctly.
Lie on a mat on your back and raise your legs and hips so that they are perpendicular to the ground, then try to bring your legs back so that your feet touch the ground behind your head. In this position you will achieve a very wide stretch of the back, but it takes practice to be able to execute it. Do it two or three times.
2. This other back stretch is much more accessible and it is preferable that you opt for this if you do not see yourself with strength. Sit on a mat on your lap so that your feet are under your butt. Start with your back straight, throw your arms forward as far as you can and, behind them, your entire trunk, until you are glued to the ground. Hold the position for about 3 seconds and do 10 repetitions.
3. To perform this other activity correctly so that you preferably stretch your back, you must take good care of the position of your legs. Thus, compared to other types of stretches in which the legs have to be straight and tight, to stretch the back you must allow the legs to flex slightly.
Next, bend your torso forward, letting your arms drop under their own weight. You will see how you stretch your back muscles. Hold for 5 seconds and do 10 reps.
4. Finally, we propose this last exercise for the back. Stand with your back straight and feet slightly apart. Put your hands together and raise them as high as you can over your head with your arms outstretched. Now alternately move left and right slowly, 15 times to each side.
5. It is very important that you do exercises to stretch your back if you practice high-impact sports, since the force will be concentrated in this area of the body and you run the risk of contracture.
6. If you spend many hours sitting in front of the computer, either for work or pleasure, it is also convenient that you stretch your back. In addition, we propose this other exercise routine that also involves the neck, hands or shoulders.