Many times, it is one more advertising claim, but the truth is that the ABS system of the brakes is a key factor that contributes to the safety of the driver and occupants. However, for it to work properly, we need to know how to use it. For this reason, here we explain how to use ABS brakes.
Steps to follow:
1. The first thing we have to be clear about is that ABS brakes are not used in the same way as those that do not have this system. So, we have to forget about practices like first touching the brake lightly and then gradually doing it more radically.
2. Thus, when we use the brakes with ABS, we have to put all our strength on the pedal and step on it all at once so that they work correctly.
3. In addition, it is recommended that we also fully depress the clutch pedal. What we will achieve in this way is to eliminate the force of the engine on the wheels and, at the same time, any possibility of the car stalling.
4. It is very important to keep this rule in mind: we should not release the brake pedal until the car is completely stopped.
5. In addition, we should not panic if we notice a slight vibration in the pedal at the beginning of braking when the ABS is activated.