Baking soda can be defined as a multi-purpose product. The same is used for cleaning the home to lose weight or improve digestive discomfort or to be used in beauty treatments. In the latter case, the possibilities of use are very diverse. Among the best known, for example, is its use to remove facial stains or to whiten teeth. But the truth is that it has much more potential. In fact, it can be used to slow down the aging of the skin. And how do you use baking soda for wrinkles? There are different alternatives, although all of them have the common formula of the mask.
Here we are going to explain how bicarbonate masks are made to treat wrinkles that are more effective so that you can apply this treatment at home and show off a dermis free of expression lines.
Properties of bicarbonate for wrinkles
As we have commented previously, bicarbonate is a product widely used in beauty, although perhaps its use for wrinkles is less well known. The truth is that it has many properties to help reduce its visibility and delay its appearance. And what are the properties of bicarbonate for wrinkles? These are the main ones:
- It is exfoliating and removes dead skin cells, avoiding promoting the appearance of wrinkles. Here you can see more information about How to exfoliate the skin with baking soda.
- Helps maintain the level of pH and natural moisture present in the skin.
- It helps the skin to be smoother and, therefore, the loss of firmness that occurs over time is not noticeable.
Baking soda mask for wrinkles
The use of bicarbonate to combat wrinkles is usually done through masks and in combination with other products that complement its properties. Also, the advantage of using baking soda is that you can make a homemade anti-wrinkle mask.
The options are many but, in this case, we are going to explain how to make the bicarbonate mask with coconut oil for wrinkles because this food has a great power to hydrate and rejuvenate the dermis. To make this homemade anti-wrinkle mask, what we need is:
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Coconut oil
Preparation and treatment
- The preparation is very simple because you only have to mix one tablespoon of each product to have a kind of creamy cream.
- This is what you have to apply after having previously cleaned your face well with a toner, micellar water or another similar product.
- Then, apply the mask in gentle circular motions over your face and neck.
- After leaving it to act for 15 minutes, it is removed with plenty of warm water.
In this other article we explain more about How to make a baking soda mask for the face.
Bicarbonate and honey mask to prevent and reduce wrinkles
Another homemade anti-wrinkle mask that is quite effective for the problem of fine lines is the baking soda and honey mask. Two products that are very beneficial because of the properties of bicarbonate –which we have already commented previously-, are added those of honey, which provides great hydration.
In this way, this mask is more recommended in those cases in which you have dry skin or it tends to dry out because with honey it will be much more hydrated and in better condition. And what ingredients are needed to make the baking soda and honey mask?
- Two tablespoons of baking soda
- A tablespoon of honey
- Mineral water
Preparation and treatment
- Dilute the bicarbonate in very little water so that it becomes a homogeneous paste.
- Add the tablespoon of honey to that paste.
- Mix well until it is a homogeneous paste, with the ingredients well integrated.
- This combination of the three ingredients is applied to a previously cleansed face like any other homemade anti-wrinkle mask or like the ones you buy in stores.
- After waiting about 15 minutesfor it to act, it is removed with plenty of warm water.
Bicarbonate and lemon mask to remove wrinkles
Among the various options for making a bicarbonate mask for wrinkles, there is also the one that incorporates lemon. The truth is that this citrus fruit can be added as one more ingredient to the bicarbonate and honey mask or exclusively prepare a bicarbonate and lemon mask.
In this case, we are going to focus on the latter, although it is made the same as the bicarbonate and honey mask, but putting a little freshly squeezed lemon juice in place of the honey and mixing well until the mixture is homogeneous. The time for it to act is somewhat shorter, as you only have to leave it for about 10 minutes because lemon lightens the skin more than bicarbonate and, in addition, it is vital not to expose yourself to the sun while the lemon is on your face, as it produces spots.
With these tips on how to use baking soda for wrinkles and the explanations on how to make and apply a homemade anti-wrinkle mask, we hope have helped you to know natural remedies to reduce wrinkles. It is always important that you consult with specialists if you can use this type of mask to avoid the appearance of skin reactions.